Why Use Dixon Triplex and Quintuplex Manifolds on HHP Hydraulic Fracturing Pumps?
- Well service company maintenance personnel state that carbon steel manifolds are working okay. Leaks along the weld seams are a regular nuisance, and repair consists of re-welding and/or use of rubber washers with screws.
- Sand dropout causing flow restrictions is common, and some manifold designs last longer than others. End-users reported that 600-800 hours in service is considered a very good performance.
- Lab tests and field trials were recommended per the following application parameters:
- Low temperature with CO2 at -30°F
- ASTM spec calls for -62°F
- The maximum working pressure is 350 PSIG, and test pressure should be 11/2 times working pressure or 525 PSIG
- Acidizing well treatments use Hydrochloric (HCL) and Hydrofluoric (HFL) acids in (concentrations ranging from 15-28%
- The Fluid End (FE) is a main consumable of the High Horsepower (HHP) pump used in hydraulic fracturing operations.
- Current life span of a FE ranges from 200 to 1,400 hours.
- Fundamental root causes of FE failure:
- Cracking of the cross bores
- Cracking of the valve seat deck
- Corrosion pitting
- Cavitation, pump damage due to flow restrictions
- End-user cost for 3-Port FE on a HHP pump ranges from $25K to $60K, and the price is dependent on the brand and/or the material of the FE.
- End-user cost for the 5-port FE on an HHP pump ranges from $55K to $130K, and the price is dependent on the brand and/or material of the FE.
The focus was to eliminate flow restrictions and welds when designing intake manifolds. Combine iron manufacturing technology with flow geometry to eliminate welds (7-18 seams). Minimize sand dropout existing in the suction manifolds used today. Include user-friendly inspection ports.
- Designed and patented 3-port and 5-port intake manifolds for HHP pumps.
- Lab tests completed for pressure (350 PSI) and cold (-62°F).
- All new manifold assemblies are pressure tested to 700 PSIG.
- Lab test are available by contacting email@example.com.