- Grooved clamps are often used on pipe connections on dry bulk tankers in place of welding offering the ability to adjust, change or replace pipe sections without the need for a permanent joint such as a weld.
- Designed to join two pieces of pipe together.
- White Buna-N seal is for use in dry bulk food applications
- Use of lock nuts prevents clamps from loosening in high vibration applications
- Manufactured to fit new and existing grooved pipe connections.
- Precision forged to provide an exact fit and great appearance
- Unlike steel groove clamps that secure pipe ends with high clamping force against tubing/piping walls, the Dixon aluminum clamp takes the full bolt force and locks into the groove of the tube/pipe, preventing distortion of the tube/pipe diameter.
- Precision casting and machined dimensions provide an exact fit and great appearance
- Easy to preform maintenance
- Leak-tight connection
- Aluminum body
- Steel bolts/nuts
- White Buna-N seals
How it works
- The two pipes are butted to one another each pipe has a groove that runs the circumference of the pipe exterior. The grooved clamp has ridges that lock into the two pipe grooves and a gasket is compressed to the pipes to create a leak-tight seal.
- Supplied clamp gasket must be installed prior to use. Ships separately.
- Replacement gaskets are available.
- Torque the bolts until metal to metal contact occurs at the bolt pads (about 20 ft-lbs). Bolts must be tightened evenly to prevent gasket pinching and clamp breaking. DO NOT tighten one side then the other. Over-torquing will not improve sealing and may result in failure of the clamps. DO NOT torque bolts over 30 ft-lbs.
- Intended for tank truck applications only